Enrolment in Coláiste Lurgan is open to all and places are allocated on a first come basis.
Returning applicants are not required to complete the online exercises
They can directly download an application form – via this link
New applicants are asked to undertake a number of interactive exercises before they may access an application form. The minimum number of exercises they will need to undertake will depend on their current school year.
This is our fifth year in using this enrolment format. It has proven to be very successful and offers a good introduction to further online materials that are available to students prior to the course and also after the course finishes.
There isn’t any pass/fail aspect to these tasks and their outcome will not have any bearing on class groupings during the cúrsa Gaeilge.
Applicants are welcome to practice as long and as often as is required.
Please note, once you have logged of the programme you will be required to begin over on restarting.
If you are having difficulties with the enrolment process you may contact 091-593182 between 9:30am and 2:00pm on working days or you may leave contact details if you call outside these hours.
2. Download and print the completed application form and forward it to Coláiste Lurgan, Indreabhán, Co. na Gaillimhe. Include the €200 booking deposit along with application form. Bookings are confirmed by email.
3. Friends / Accommodation: Students are accommodated in tithe lóistín according to age. If parents deem it necessary for two friends to be accommodated together in the same teach lóistín, their request will be met providing:
- Both applications are enclosed together.
- Applications are accompanied with a cover note from parents of both students requesting a particular accommodation arrangement.
4. In March students will be asked to complete a variety of online tasks / exercises on the AbairLeat platform such as:
- Making their own recordings of conversational Gaeilge exercises.
- Undertaking online “interviews”
- Posting updates on the AbairLeat! (The Irish language social network site) Details will be forwarded by email.
5. In early April accommodation arrangements / health form / language behaviour agreement form ( Riail na Gaeilge) will be forwarded (by post) along with a recap on important aspects of the cúrsa Gaeilge.
6. From mid-April to early May 2012, Parents / Guardians complete the enrolment process by forwarding the balance of fees along with completed health and language behaviour agreement form to Coláiste Lurgan.